Subscribe via feed.
Archive for May, 2013

Changing Places 2

Posted by Chris under Logic, MathsChallenge (31 Responds)

A group of 10 people are seated at a circular table. They hadn’t noticed that they had places designated for them, and none of them sat in the right place. If the table is rotated by one position, calculate the probability that 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 of the people are then seated at their correct position. Similarly, calculate [...]

Six Logicians

Posted by rajesh under Logic, wordfun (4 Responds)

Six logicians finish dinner. The waitress asks, “Do you all want coffee?”
First logician: “I don’t know.”
Second logician: “I don’t know.”
Third logician: “I don’t know.”
Fourth logician: “I don’t know.”
Fifth logician: “I don’t know.”
Sixth logician: “No.”
Who gets coffee and why?

Some easy ones for the weekend

Posted by DP under Logic, wordfun (8 Responds)

1) My uncle on my mom’s side is an only child. Explain.
2) A man who runs in front of a car gets _____. A man who runs behind a car gets _____.
3) Everyday at a company of 100 people there are 99 vehicles in the parking lot. Each employee leaves their house in the vehicle [...]

Missing Miss

Posted by Chris under Logic, MathsChallenge (47 Responds)

A young lady got lost in a museum. There is a 80% chance that she is in the dinosaur section, and a 20% chance that she is in the aquarium section. Six people are available to search for her. Each searcher has a 20% chance of finding her. If you can only do one search, [...]

Seepage?

Posted by ragknot under MathsChallenge, Tom (8 Responds)

This was said to be a complex estimation of how much water will seep out of a reservoir. One thing you should understand is the top surface area is given, but the seepage comes from the surface of the ground under the water. For a specific reservoir, a table can help you estimate [...]

Changing Places

Posted by Chris under Logic, Mathemagic (11 Responds)

A group of 10 people are seated at a circular table. They hadn’t noticed that they had places designated for them, and none of them sat in the right place. Prove that simply by rotating the table, that at least 2 of them can be sat in the right place.

Snap

Posted by Chris under Logic, MathsChallenge (7 Responds)

Alice and Bob play the following card game. Each has a shuffled deck of cards. Each takes the top card from their deck. If they match, Alice wins. If they don’t match they take the next card from the top of the deck. They continue like this until either they draw a matching pair, and [...]

PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Additional\PleskPHP5\ext\php_mssql.dll' - The specified module could not be found. in Unknown on line 0 PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Additional\PleskPHP5\ext\php_pdo_mssql.dll' - The specified module could not be found. in Unknown on line 0