A Weekend of Questions in 1 Post – Go Wild ;-)
1. The answer to this question is almost in the question itself! You have a ham sandwich with melted cheese on toast. With a single, perfect slice traveling along a two-dimensional plane, is it always possible to divide the sandwich so that the two halves have equal parts ham, cheese and toast? You may not assume an ideal sandwich- the ingredients may not necessarily be lying perfectly flat.
2. What is the fewest number of knights on a chess board so that every square is either occupied by, or under attack by, at least one knight?
3. What is the mass of Earth’s gravitational field?
4. An assassin with a high-powered rifle shoots you in the foot from 50 feet away. The bullet travels at 1300 feet per second. You and the assassin are at sea level. What will be the first evidence to you of the attack?
5. What do the following have in common? “Johnny B. Goode”, “Rite of Spring”, “Beethoven’s 5th”, “Dark Was the Night” and “Melancholy Blues” (Yes, we know they’re all music, thank you.)
6. Fly due south from the capital of Florida until you are at the same latitude as the capital of Brazil. What country or body of water is beneath you?