Answer each riddle:
1. Im a part of the bird thats not in the sky. I can swim in the ocean and yet remain dry.
2. Im at the beginning of eternity, the end of time, the start of every event, and the end of every place.
3. It is greater than God and more evil than the devil. The poor have it, the rich need it and if you eat it you’ll die. What is it?
4. What always runs but never walks, often murmurs, never talks, has a bed but never sleeps, has a mouth but never eats?
5. At night they come without being fetched. By day they are lost without being stolen. What are they?
6. Think of words ending in -GRY. Angry and hungry are two of them. There are only three words in the English language. What is the third word? The word is something that everyone uses every day. If you have listened carefully, I have already told you what it is.
7. The person who makes it, sells it. The person who buys it never uses it and the person who uses it doesn’t know they are. What is it?
8. Whoever makes it, tells it not. Whoever takes it, knows it not. Whoever knows it wants it not. What is it?
9. Three brothers share a family sport:
A non-stop marathon
The oldest one is fat and short
And trudges slowly on
The middle brother’s tall and slim
And keeps a steady pace
The youngest runs just like the wind,
A-speeding through the race
“He’s young in years, we let him run,”
The other brothers say
“‘Cause though he’s surely number one,
He’s second, in a way.”
10. There are two sisters: one gives birth to the other and she, in turn, gives birth to the first.